New guidance on sexual harassment and harassment at work
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) has published new technical guidance on sexual harassment and harassment at Read more..

Don’t be taken in by this scam
The Insolvency Service has warned that fraudsters have been contacting investors in insolvent schemes claiming to be from the Read more..

Disclosing VAT errors
Where an error on a past VAT return is uncovered, you have a duty to correct the error as soon as possible. As a general Read more..

Ways that HMRC can collect overdue tax
If you are unable to pay your tax bill or need time to pay then it is in your best interests to contact HMRC as soon as Read more..

HMRC publish strange late filing excuses?
A recent press release by HMRC has revealed some of the oddest excuses for submitting a late tax return, that have been made Read more..

Relief for CGT losses
Usually, if you sell an asset for less than you paid for it you would make a capital loss. As a general rule, if the asset Read more..

When is a Will revoked?
We have previously covered the importance of making a Will and ensuring that assets are divided amongst beneficiaries in the Read more..

Scottish 2020 Budget
Derek Mackay, Scotland’s finance secretary has announced that the Scottish Government’s Budget will be published Read more..

New taskforce to target waste criminals
A new taskforce has been launched to tackle serious and organised waste crime, such as dumping hazardous materials on private Read more..

Statutory maternity, adoption, paternity, shared parental and sick pay to rise from April 2020
According to proposals set out in a government policy paper, the revised rates for statutory maternity pay (SMP), statutory Read more..

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *